Total Value:1 million
ECS Services: Project Management, Quantity Surveying
Project Duration:6 months
Client:Nestle New Zealand Ltd
Main Contractor: Dewcape Pty Ltd
Architect: Goring & Straja Studio AND Context Architects Limited
Service: CES Electrical, AFS Total Fire, Air Mark Services, Chenery Plumbing
Other:Mt Hobson Group, Essequattro Shanghai Decoration Trading Co Ltd, Speedy Signs Downtown, Hanlon Plumbing, Allendale Electrical, Aurecon Fire Engineering Services, Aurecon Traffic Engineering Services, Chubb Security, Auckland Glass, Vanguard Logistics
Nestle New Zealand Ltd acquired the high profile corner retail site in the Dilworth Building (corner of Queen Street and Custom St East) to establish their Nespresso – Auckland Central Boutique.
ECS were engaged by Nestle to manage:
– the co-ordination of design between offshore and various local design consultants
– prepare, tender, evaluate and appoint contractors
– lodge and manage building consents
– manage main contractor, landlord, client and body corporate communications and requirements
– attend weekly conference calls and prepare weekly PCG reports
– arrange and facilitate building consent inspection approvals and final CCC sign-off.
The project required a significant amount of coordination by ECS with various parties in numerous locations around the world. GaS Studio are the Nespresso global architect based in Italy while Context Architects Ltd were engaged by ECS to provide local design input and co-ordination for final consenting plans. Joinery items were produced offshore for Dewcape Pty Ltd (an Australian based contractor with previous experience in constructing Nespresso stores) to install locally.
Within a short time frame ECS were able to coordinate design, secure building consent and deliver a complete store ready for the client to enjoy Christmas trading.